|Location:||United States of America, |
|Birthday:||Apr 26 1988|
|Type:||full time employee|
Computer Science, 2005–2009
Completed all required coursework but dropped out before finishing projects. Completed a minor in mathematics. Pursued many studies in philosophy.
In computer science, focused on software engineering, design and implementation of programming languages, and theory of computation and complexity.
In mathematics, focused on theories and methods that afford computable solutions to various kinds of formalized problems.
In philosophy, focused on ethics, ontology, and epistemology.
Senior Software Developer
Dec 2013–May 2014
Developed internal systems for the engineering team, with an emphasis on shifting the primary focus from rapid turnaround to high quality. Helped with transferring knowledge of the systems' architecture and operations from the departing chief engineer to appropriate scripts and documentation. Automated the deployment and configuration of EC2-hosted systems, including elasticsearch clusters, using Ansible. Diagnosed and resolved performance issues. Developed a tool to diagnose and resolve issues with resolving web requests to external servers. Advised the team on best practices with Python, Linux, automated provisioning and configuration, and web services. Interviewed candidates for software engineering positions.
Jun 2010–Aug 2013
Developed new and existing internal systems for automated business functions: search engine marketing (SEM) campaign management, SEM bid optimization, alerts, data warehousing and reporting, and statistical analysis. Built a framework for developing web services as interfaces to those business functions. Trained engineers and analysts in the use of various tools, especially Python, Git, web services, performance analysis, and the company's internal systems. Interviewed candidates for software engineering positions.
• Groundskeeper of the codebase: determining and promoting best practices for coding and documentation to clarify and ease the software's development and usage; refactoring code to reduce coupling, increase stability, and improve readability; seeking out and applying useful third party software.
• Advice and mentoring on software design, programming techniques, and developer tools.
• Upgrading, standardization, and automation of the company's production and development platforms.
• Bedframe, a resource-oriented web services framework.
• A simple and consistent means to package and deploy the software.
• An HTML documentation generator (based on Sphinx).
• Documentation and automation of various engineering processes.
• A generic interface for reading and manipulating data sets (based on pandas).
• Transferring the software to two clients who desired independent operation and supporting them thereafter.
• Programming languages: Python, Bash, C
• Database interaction: SQLAlchemy, MySQL-python, MySQL
• Version control: Git, Subversion
• Packaging and deployment: setuptools, pip, make, chishop
• Automated email: IMAP, SMTP
• Documentation: reStructuredText, Sphinx
Renal Remission & Hypertension Consultants
Dec 2007–Apr 2011
Designed and implemented a website (http://www.renalremission.com) for a medical practice to display general information and news about its services, to register members of the site, to list patient materials and professional presentations for download to members, and to provide a Web interface to administer the dynamic content of the site. Created the company logo.
Volunteer Web Developer
Phi Sigma Kappa Epsilon Deuteron
Dec 2006–Feb 2010
Redesigned a website (http://www.phisigkap.org) for a fraternity using existing content. Designed and developed a web development framework using object-oriented PHP to ease the process of changing and extending the site for future developers. Developed database-driven web applications for recruitment, member management, and fraternity maintenance.
Intern Quality Assurance Technician
May 2007–Sept 2007
Served as network engineer and administrator for a quality assurance (QA) lab network containing 50+ clients, servers, and network acceleration devices. Installed, configured, and administered the physical network, Cisco router, dummynet, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SMB, SSH, TFTP, an Apache Web server, two IIS servers, and 30+ Linux and Windows clients. Designed and partially implemented an automation and remote management system for this network in Perl and Expect together with a Web interface in PHP. Wrote scripts in Bash, Expect, and Perl for automated QA testing.