Depends on GNOME 2.x
|Submitted: Nov 23 2008|
Updated: Jan 29 2009
This is an eye-candy menu applet for GNOME. (soon even compatibility with KDE and XFCE)
Good looks and usability are the key aims of this project.
Just see it at work and you'll love it ;)
I developed this apps starting from some good ideas i found on google and thinking specially to little netbooks.
It uses only python and gtk so it works even without compiz activated(won't work trasparency of course)
There are two ways for using AGM:
1- Add to a gnome-panel the applet AGM (Installer install it)
2- Add a launcher somewhere (even on a dock) with the command advancedgnomemenu --no-tray-icon
[Second option is not quite stable..]
More screenshots: http://www.sciallo.net/AGM/index.php?page=screenshots.php
TODO: Here you'll find my personal TODO
SVN: Here you'll find the SVN code: http://code.google.com/p/advancedgnomemenu/
(If you wanna try svn version you may be interest in the auto-installer script linked on this page.)
Google group, help us growing: http://groups.google.com/group/advanced-gnome-menu?hl=en
Report a bug: http://code.google.com/p/advancedgnomemenu/issues/list
* Configuration interface is now simplified and neater, without sacrificing much configurability. Focus was on saner defaults.
* Menu positioning is now more like a typical menu. The menu now appears relative to where it was launched.
* You can edit GNOME Menu's by right-clicking AGM now. AGM inherits whatever changes you make to the menus.
* The entry widgets on the menu now blend more into the background.
* The menu icon can now be used to display the icon of your current position in the menu tree (Smart top icon)
* Favourite apps will inherit the system icon if you do not supply a custom one.
* AGM is now translatable. Currently available is US and UK English, as well as Italian (we're looking for translators in others languages)
* AGM now has a new and more convenient favourite apps config window.
* As you browse the menu, a new history bar enables you to jump back to any part of the menu tree for your current session
* AGM is now borderless.
* AGM correctly hides when it loses focus.
# Menu Icon is now customizable, and has a customizable left-click action.
# Menu icon is now properly scaled. It will no longer stretch your images awkwardly
# Folder menu items now have fast option buttons which enable you to "open a terminal at the folder's location" or to open a folder as root.
# There is now an execute bar similar to "Alt+f2", (except for tab completion)
# It is now possible to use AGM without a compositing window manager (Safe Mode)
# The installer script will now create default configuration files if none exist
# There is now an uninstall script.
# There is now an update script which synchronizes your local copy with AGM Subversion
# AGM is now hosted on Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/advancedgnomemenu/ with a subversion repository
# AGM now has a google group: http://code.google.com/p/advancedgnomemenu/
# The configuration interface is getting simpler. Expect even more simplification, and sensible defaults.
# Please report bugs here: http://code.google.com/p/advancedgnomemenu/issues/list
- Can hide/show search box
- Can choose top or bottom position for the search box
- New layout for the configurator
- Plugins now are dinamically reads
- Can install new plugins
- 3 color gradient [this can cause some trouble with old themes..]
- can choose gradient direction
- can hide-show the top-light
- can choose menu icons dimension.
- search start after "enter" click
- Applet icon will be scaled correctly (even all other icons.)
- Hide on unfocus (need to work on this..)
- some elements has a menu of options.. for example if you right click on a folder it will show some option like open, open as root, open a terminal here.. (Only some plugin use this new feature)
- search-box. Now you can search elements in you pc on in your menu. (You must abilitate the plugins for searching like Search in GnomeMenu or Search in Home, those plugins will not show anything but will enable the search in that fields..)
(sorry if this release is a little unstable but I've a bad cold and so I'm always tired...)
- Import/Export Themes really improved (now like emerald one) [if you downloaded an old theme probably you'll need to download them again]
- Can choose open-file and folder commands
- New plugin "Browse files".
- New plugin structure. Faster to load ;)
- Default load config is now a file which is included in the main path of the program. In this way you can package the program with a theme :)
- Now the source package includes an installer. Extract the archive and execute ./install.sh (first gave execution permissions) [works with ubuntu but I haven't test on others distro... wait for feedback.]
- New website!! (still under work, I need some help for this..) http://www.sciallo.net/AGM/index.php
- Can set favapps bar position
- Can set if show/hide text in the fav bar (and if bold)
- Can set if show/hide the fav bar
- Can set fav bar icon dimension.
- Window can be positionated in many directions and with a "popup"
- Window can be resized
- Favourite apps plugin activated
- Clock removed (this caused too many crashes)
- Import/Export themes improved a little.
- When you activate/deactivate the composite manager the program understand it.
- Can change applet foreground.
- Applet resize correctly (but only if you relaunch the applet after resizing the panel)
- Now even svg images are accepted
- Can choose window orientation!
- On re-focusing on the menu the menu go back to the first "page"
- In the configurator you can set that the menu close after you launch an application.
- Gnome applet configurable (can choose icon and text)
- Gnome applet bg trasparent
- Bug fixed (didn't start if you haven't got a file..)
- can set up startup position (top layout and popup settings are still under develop...)
- Gnome applet is smaller
- Left-clicking on the logo allow user to change personal info(the logo will became the user image if any)
- Can import/save themes!! (soon will be able to select installed themes, show authors info, screenshots...)
- Configuration changes applies immediatly! No more need reboot application!
- Fav apps bar. A bar where you can place your favourites apps.
- Tooltips on buttons.
- Gnome applet!! Just install the package and add it to the panels.
- New package organization. Now other apps can use AGM classes.
- Now the main window is draw with cairo libs
- Faster discovering if app is already open and show it up (sometime this crashes.)
- Configurator can change main windows colors
- Configurator can now show plugins description and configuration options. (only gnome-menu is configurable by now.)
- Info button shows a menu which shows info about agm, gnome, ubuntu
- really-really cool ;)
- New plugins (Logout and Install Apps)
- Add some launch args:
--no-trayicon: don't show the trayicon
--no-check-already-running: don't control if AGM is already running
--config: launch configurator
--help: show a little help
- If you try to launch more times AGM it only show once (and if you launch it the current window act like a menu (show, hide))
- Bug fixed (don't find icon)
- Plugin way (now all menus are a plugin)
- Configurator can manage the order of the plugins (and which of them show)
- Clock added