Gnome15 provides a panel indicator (or applet), configuration tool, macro system and plugin framework for the Logitech G series keyboards, including the G15, G13, G19, and more. The intention is to provide the best integration with the Linux desktop possible, using the standard protocols and libraries where appropriate.
Written using Python, PyGTK and PyCairo, Gnome15 is easy to extend. You can either write Python Plugins that can optionally use SVG for theme support, or use DBUS API to add Gnome15 support to your own application . See the downloads page for a full list of pre-requisites.
Packages available for Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 and 11.10, FC14, FC15, FC16, Mandriva 2010.1, Arch, Gentoo and openSUSE 11.4 and 12.1. See main site for details.
* G19 - via G19D sub-project (see home page), PylibG19 or experimental kernel driver support.
* Z110, G15v1 / v2 via g15daemon or libg15 (possibly other models such as G11, G110, G13, up to date and patched g15daemon required). Kernel driver support for G15v1 now known to work.
G110 and G510 may work with patched g15daemon. G110 support via Kernel driver now available (feedback appreciated)
* Tails - Monitor log files
* Sensors - Temperature, Fans and Voltage
* IM - Shows current contacts (only works with Telepathy based clients such as Empathy at the moment)
* Mounts - Show available mount points, allows mount / unmount / eject
* LCDShot - Take a screenshot of your keyboard's LCD
* TweakGnome15 - Change some hidden settings of Gnome15
* Stop Watch - From our first plugin contributor Nuno Araujo. Features dual timers with count down / timer modes.
* Webcam - Simply allows v4l devices to be monitored.
* LCDBiff - POP3 / IMAP email notification. Intended for when you can't or won't use the Indicator Messages plugin.
* Indicator Messages. Replacement Ubuntu messages indicator applet, shows messages waiting from Evolution, Empathy, Pidgin, Gwibber and anything else that supports indicator messages.
* Menu. Displays list of available screens and allows selection. Activated by the MENU key on the G19, or L2 on the G15.
* G15Daemon (G19 only). Network server that acts like g15daemon allowing scripts and applications that use this protocol to work on a G19.
* Impulse15. Port of the Impulse screenlet and desktop widget. Adds a spectrum analyser.
* Panel. Reserves an area of the LCD for other plugins to add miniature components that are always available. For example, the mail notification plugin will add an envelope when there is mail waiting.
* Clock. Simple demonstration plugin.
* Cairo Clock. For the G19 only, a port of MacSlow's Cairo Clock. It renders any Cairo Clock theme on the LCD.
* Notify LCD. A notify-osd replacement for notifications. NOTE, this plugin currently tries to kill the 'notify-osd' process and take over notifications before notify-osd can restart. This doesn't always work. I will look for a better solution, but in the mean time, try killing your notification daemon manually before starting this plugin.
* Calendar. Integrates with Evolution to show a highlighted month calendar, and todays events. You can scroll though the calendar using the extended keys.
* RSS reader. Supports multiple feeds and formats.
* Screensaver. Detects when screensaver becomes active and dims the keyboard and displays a message. Warn off your foes!
* Indicator Me. Shows your current IM status.
* Volume monitor. Displays volume gauge when it changes. Currently uses Python ALSA bindings.
* Weather. Displays current outlook, temperature, pressure, a 2 day forecast and more. Uses Yahoo weather API or NOAA.
* System Monitor. Displays current CPU, Network and Memory summary.
* Now Playing. Displays current track information, progress and cover art. Supports any player that supports the MPRIS protocol (v1 or v2). This includes Rhythmbox, Banshee, Audacious, XMMS2 and more.
* Media Player. GStreamer based video player / audio player. Players all video formats supported by GStreamer, webcams may be used as video sources, and visualisations can be shown for all audio sources.
* Special effect. Adds two effects for cycling through screens, a slide effect and a fade effect. Due to the nature of the G15 monochrome LCD, the fade effect is more of a 'disolve', but it's quite cool anyway :)
* Wallpaper. Display any background image on the LCD. Image scale type may be selected. Option to automatically set the same background as desktop (currently GNOME only)
* Debug. Show internal information and provides a DBus API to aid debugging.
* VoIP. nitially supporting TeamSpeak3 only, this plugin will provide integration with various VoIP clients. Just enable it, then start up TeamSpeak3 (make sure you enable the ClientQuery plugin in TS3).
* Google Analytics. Monitor your web sites using Google Analytics.
* Display Resolution. Initially published on the forum, this has now been rolled into the release.
Please see the changelog on the Gnome15 site. http://www.gnome15.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&Itemid=52